Friday 28 March 2014

Mothering Sunday Card

Well this is the last of the March Card.  Plus I have now received the materials I need to complete my mates wedding reception invites.  April is a quiet month for me on the card front with only 2 cards on the list I need to do.  Hopefully alongside making a good start on the invites and a couple of knitting projects I have lined up (knitting is a new skill that I am learning and I am finding it is a really good chill out to do after work in an evening - especially when I am too tired for card making) I will be able to make a few challenge cards / cards for fun.

Matt's mother used to do quilling herself so I thought it would be fun to make her a quilled card.  Once I had started the quilling I had a sudden brain wave of what I could do with the card.  I quilled the butterfly and dragon flys ad then stuck these to some back foam squares.  I stuck these to an 8x8 card blank and used some ribbon I had down the right side.  I then used a mothers day digi stamp which I printed on lilac card and die-cut using my Grand Calibur. I finished the card using a green and an orange butterfly embellishment that I had as a freebie from a magazine. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.


There is only one challenge that I wish to enter this card for which is the Crafts 4 Eternity 169  challenge for special mums.

2 comments:

  1. it is a very nice card
    thank you for your participation in the challenge this week on Craft 4 Eternity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete