Sunday 9 March 2014

Challenge Birthday Card

Well my second post and second card of today, giving my March total of 5 made out of the 10 needed. This card is for my husbands mates birthday on Saturday (A different friend to the one whose 30th it is - its a very busy time of year).

This card was inspired by the following challenges:


For this card I coloured a monster image that I have had for a while with my pro-markers.  I backed this image on some green card.  I used some Do Crafts Capsule - Spots and Stripes - Brights paperstock which I cut on an angle to give a slant to the stripes.  I created a thick boarder across card using this.  I then attached the monster image with a birthday topper and used a yellow spotty ribbon across the card to finish.  I used a black Card to accentuate the colours in the card.  Here is my finished card - I hope you like the finished project as much as I enjoyed making it:

5 comments:

  1. Nice card with a really funny image, I love the violet dots LOL. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card! Love the image and your colour choices.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

    Sarah
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee! This card is adorable! Love the little nerdy monster! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete