Sunday 9 March 2014

Challenge Card - 30th Birthday

Well its been a busy weekend...both crafting and non crafting... I spent yesterday at a D of E assessors training which was a great course and very inspiring.  Today other than tidying the house and sorting through things I have had the chance to do some crafting.  One of my projects I have on the go at the moment is a knitted cat - I have made great progress on that this weekend and look forward to sharing it with you when I finish.

This is the first of 2 blogs to talk about 2 cards I have managed to make today.  This one is for My husbands best mate who's 30th birthday is next Sat (the day before my husbands 30th).   I have themed this card to match the present that we have brought him.

I used the following challenges for this card:

I used some textured paperstock on the card.  I then embossed the tire track with my Grand Calibur on some Brown card stock and then enhanced the track using black ink. I used my pro-markers to colour the Sports Car Alf card from Digi Stamp Boutique.  I punched a black "tag" out and used a stencil to stamp some silver glasses.  I then used a birthday topper with red ribbon and the "3" and "0" gems.  I finished it off with gems in the centre of the wheels and on the tag and ribbons.

I hope you enjoy the finished card I had great fun making it and challenging myself with the various challenges.  Hopefully the birthday boy like it next weekend.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun card - love the embossed tire marks - have never seen anything like them before! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete