Tuesday 29 January 2013

Challenge Blog - Best Mates Birthday

Well, it has been a busy couple of weeks and unfortunately I have not had any chance to do any craft projects.  I have however started turning the spare room into more of a study / studio to give me some more space, and give my fiance some space for his photography.

It's my best mates birthday on Saturday, unfortunately I don't get to see him as much as I would like to but I always try to give him something good for his birthday. As part of his Birthday present I brought him some Cinema tickets (he is a huge cinema fan) so I wanted to make him a card which could hold these.  

I was inspired for this card by Sketch Saturday's sketch as below:


Also I being a card for a great male mate I wanted to use the Allsorts Challenge Blog  masculine theme.

I made this card using Bronze ink with a Papermania Square Urban Stamp on some white card stock.  I also used Papermania Chronology 8 x 8 papers pack, and Chronology Gears as embellishments.


On the inside I wanted to create a pocket to put the cinema tickets in.  I created this using a Chronology Post-card topper. 



This is the first "Steampunk" themed card that I have made, but I did really enjoy making it, and I am looking forward to using the chronology elements more in my designs in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Fab male card. Love the embellishments you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card love the way you have used the postcard stamp inside too, Thanks for joining us on the Allsorts challenge this week, hugs Samantha x

    ReplyDelete