Monday 3 February 2014

Challenge Blog - Valentines Card

Well another week and another challenge blog.  Both the hubby and I are very active Scouters.  As such he is out tonight visiting a group so I thought I would take the opportunity to make a Valentines card for him.

When looking for inspiration for last weeks birthday card I came across a Cuddly-Buddly Digi-Stamp that I haven't had the chance to use yet.   I decided this would be the perfect basis for a valentines card for my hubby! It is the first valentines day since we have been married - we have decided we are not sharing presents this year but instead just sharing a weekend away together and have a nice meal (we are doing it this weekend instead of valentines weekend as have had a good offer).

So I coloured my Cuddly-Buddly Love mouse design using my trusted Pro-Markers.  I used the tan on the mouse, and layered it to accentuate the colour, I also used the cocoa and some rose pink for the nose and tail.  I then used Poppy and Cardinal reds on the lettering which I found gave a lovely rich colour. I used some Red glossy card stock as a Matt to the Digi-stamp. 

I then decide to use some forever friends paper stock as a backing to the card, and also used a forever friends topper to finish the design. 

I used the following challenges as inspiration to create this card:


 I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you guys enjoy the card as much. So here it is - 


So we are away relaxing this weekend but hopefully I will find some time this week / next week to take part in some more challenges.  I also need to create some cards for the Hubbys 30th in March as well as his sisters birthday, my brothers birthday, his best mates 30th and Mothers day! A busy march is on the cards!

4 comments:

  1. Aw so gorgeous.Totally adorable image and i love your fab paper.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Valentine's card! Cute image and great paper!
    Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really sweet Valentines creation, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute Rachel, just love the image and cas design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Love Is In The Air challenge x

    ReplyDelete