Thursday 30 January 2014

Challenge Birthday Card

Well it has been a while since I have had time to blog anything unfortunately.  Mainly due to being so tied up last year with getting married and all the fun organisation around that. 

I am hoping to have a bit more of a peaceful year this year although we are having our honeymoon in America for the whole of September - cant wait! Whilst we are over in the states we are also going to my best mates wedding which will be great! 

Well lets hope with it being a bit more of a relaxed year I will have time to blog a bit more and undertake more challenges than I managed last year.  This isnt the first card I have made this year... I have already had a few birthdays in early Jan but this is the first challenge card I have made this year!  Its a card for my best mates birthday on 2nd Feb... this is the same friend whose wedding we are going to so all very exciting.  I do find that it can be a struggle some times doing masculine cards but I did really enjoy creating this card which was also inspired by one of my favourite films - Monsters Inc.

I used some digi-stamps that I have had for some time back when Pollycraft was closing.  I coloured the stamp using my faithful Pro-Markers. I didn't have quite the right colours I needed for the body but managed to achieve a reasonable colour using the Cool Aqua and Pastel Green colours blended.  I wanted to keep the card quite masculine so used shades of green for the socks.  I used some blues card stock to also give a nice masculine matt to the card.  I used some brown card stock to create a strip across the card and used some Do-Craft birthday 12x12 paperstock to create a bright and fun strip.  I accentuated this strip with 2 lengths of twine crossed over to the right of the strip and finished it with a "Happy Birthday" tag.

For this card I used the following challenges for inspiration:


So after those materials and inspiration here is the finished product I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it:



So the presents are in the post to him, and this card also will be tomorrow! Hopefully he has a great birthday on Sunday.

I look forward to creating many more challenge cards / designs in the up and coming weeks and months.






5 comments:

  1. A fabulous fun card Rachel, I love your adorable Monster Inc image - wonderful funky colours!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wedmesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Rachel! Love the CAS design and fun monster image!
    Thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great fun... love his socks!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Rachel.I love your monster and your design and colours are fab.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet monster card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete