Thursday 22 May 2014

Birthday Girl

This weekend sees the Birthday of the hubby's mates wife.  So time to make a card ...

I gained inspiration for this card from the following blogs:


Purple is my favourite colour so the Purple Passion challenge was a must for me.  As soon as I saw the sketch and the Light as Feather challenge I knew I had the perfect design.  I used some old paper stock on a purple card to give a nice backing.  I used my die cut to shape to cut my circular design and stuck 3 feathers to it along with the "Happy Birthday" Sentiment onto the die cut.  I then cut the 2 strips to put behind it from some pink pearlescent card stock and attached jewels. I cut a further strip for the border strip on the left hand side and 3 more jewels.

I hope you enjoy the design I certainly enjoyed making it and am very pleased with the results - simple and elegant.




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rachel, thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing with Allsorts 'Purple Passion' & goodluck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Lovely! Great to have you joining in with The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete